Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Born in the U.S.A.

Today is my birthday and I spent it with two of my most favorite people in the world (Camden and Shelby, of course). I also spent it with some of my best teacher friends at Point Defiance Zoo. I didn't get pictures of everyone but here are a few of the things we did together today: Camden took this picture of one of the roaming peacocks...

Here are Elena with her daughter Sasha, posing by the elephant barn. I shared a classroom with Elena for the past two years - a great roommate!
For whatever reason, they had camels you could pay to ride. None of the kids were quite big enough, but a few of us adults were contemplating it...
Shelby and Camden both enjoyed the new bird exhibit "Budgies". Nobody got pooped on so it was fun and uneventful.
Shelby liked the underwater part - the walruses were not out so we watched the seals and otters.
This is as close as we could get to a picture with these three together. Oh well. Camden sure seemed like the big kid among the group...I guess because he was.
Camden got up close to the Meerkats with Sasha. These little buggers are very fun to watch.
and we ended with a carousel ride - Camden's favorite part. Shelby sat next to me in the carousel bench and almost fell asleep during the ride.



No comments: