Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Overseas Telegram

Here’s an update on my big summer adventures.  Childcare is arranged (for the most part), clothing is purchased (for the most part), and Chinese Visa is in hand (well, on top of the entertainment center if you want to get technical about it).   My teacher profile is up at www.culturalexploration.org if you want to check it out.

 

From what I’ve received so far about my itinerary, here’s the first part of my trip:

  • depart Seattle July 21st – 12 hour flight into Taipei, Taiwan.  Then, hop on another three hour flight from Taipei to Beijing.
  • In Beijing, we’ll get to visit Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City,  the Temple of Heaven, part of the Great Wall, the Sacred Way, the Ming Tomb, and the Olympic National Stadium (Bird’s Nest).  Additionally we’ll enjoy an Acrobatic show and a specialty Duck Dinner.  Before leaving for Xian, we’ll visit the Summer Palace and see the giant pandas in the Beijing Zoo.
  • After arriving in Xian, we’ll visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, the Big Wild Good Pagoda, the ancient City Wall, the Great Mosque, and the Hanyangling Museum and Mausoleum of Western Han Emperor Liu Qi.  In the evenings we’ll see the Tang Dynasty Music and Dance show, have a Dumpling Banquet Dinner, and shop the Muslim Bazaar.
  • Then it’s off to Shanghai.  We’ll see the Shanghai Museum, Yuyuan Garden and the Bund and visit parts of the World Expo.
  • After Shanghai it’s off to Hong Kong and then Taipei – but I don’t have details for that part of the trip just yet.

 

No doubt, if you are like me when looking at this itinerary you think, A. I’m already tired just thinking about it and B. exciting! 

 

So, what do I have left to do for this trip?  There’s an orientation meeting on June 28th where I get to see the entire itinerary and talk with teachers who went on the trip last year.  I still need some travel items, but am feeling pretty well set overall.  Before July 21st I have a few things to do – four days AP training in Bellevue, six days AVID training in Sacramento, three days at Pacific Beach with my family……I’m going to go take some Tylenol now.

No comments: