Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 2

Beijing
Before the tour starts, a pre-tour introductory talk will be delivered in the hotel. You will meet the other members of your group at that time. Your first stop today is the impressive Tian'anmen Square. From there you will enter the "Imperial Palace" known as the Forbidden City to explore its many fascinating halls and pavilions. You will then go to the Temple of Heaven, the place where the Emperors worshipped the heaven for good harvests. To round off a memorable start to your tour, we will arrange the Beijing speciality Duck Dinner at a famous restaurant followed by a lively Red Theater Chinese Kung Fu Show.

----------------
-9:30pm after the above activities-
Slept well last night although that bed is dang hard. Today was so hot. Instead of Hot Yoga, it was Hot Strolling along. I was sweating and drenched everywhere. Tomorrow should be the same as far as the heat and the amount of time we're spending outside. BUT, it was really fascinating to see these buildings from so long ago and I did get a lot of pictures. Tell my mom that the food so far here has been AWESOME. SO good. We had Peking Duck tonight and then went to see a "History of Kung Foo" show at a theater - it was very good but I found myself drifting off to sleep now and then because I'm just pretty tired after today. It has been interesting and I'm enjoying myself, despite he heat and the embarassing amount of sweating involved.

Tell Camden and Shelby I got to eat in a restaurant with a duck standing outside the door. I'll try to get on here again tomorrow to let you know how things go. For now, I'm headed to bed and we're headed out to see the Great Wall tomorrow!!

Tara

No comments: