Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tara Updates- China Trip Day 1

For anyone interested in keeping track of what Tara is doing on her trip, check back here frequently. I'll try to keep it updated as she sends reports back home. -Tara's Husband

-------
Tara left on the airport shuttle just after 11pm on Tuesday night July 20. I got a text message from her at about 1:30am saying that they were about to board the plane. She landed in Taipei, found a free internet kiosk and emailed to let us know she had landed safely (message received July 21 @ 3:55pm [6:55am July 22 in China]). She had a 2 hour layover in Taipei before taking another flight to Beijing. She was able to sleep a little on the plane but not very well. She says her travel companions are fun and interesting and is looking forward to spending time with them. Hoping to see something other than the inside of an airport soon!

--------------
Edited message from Tara 3:55am July 22 (6:55pm July 23 in China)
I can do internet at the hotel for a small fee so I can probably get an email out to you most days, at least while we're in Beijing. It is now 6:30 - for you it is 3:30 in the morning (I hope you are asleep right now!) and we are all very tired and ready to go to bed! But, I'll stay up a bit longer and then hit the hay.

Beijing is very smoggy and hot and humid. You would not do too well in the heat, I'm afraid. Tomorrow we'll be outside a lot and it is supposed to be 92 degrees and humid. I've got four bottles of water to take with me to help with that.

Tell Camden I got to fly in a 747 and a 737. Tell Shelby I saw lots of people with umbrellas today on the sidewalks.

No comments: