Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 10

Visit the World Expo all day!

-------------------------------------------------
Yay, free internet at the Shanghai airport!!!!! SO very nice to talk to everyone today :) :) :) Still laughing at Camden's "did you see any Chinese people" question. Love you all so much and we're all definitely feeling homesick by this point in the trip.

Glad to have made it to the airport and checked in with no problems. Only two more flights on this trip (whew...seven total - crazy). Shanghai has been a bit crazy, especially with last night's hospital drama [not Tara's]. Poor guy can't bend his leg so they put us in a row with more leg room for this flight, which is awesome. The last flight was so cramped and warm we were all feeling like we didn't want to get on another airplane any time soon. Hong Kong is only two nights so we'll fly out of there to Taipei on the 3rd. I'm going to try and get C and S some little stuffed pandas to bring home, which I think they'd like. We'll see. It's a bit hard to pack and lug things around so I haven't bought much that takes up room. Anyway.....other than the crazy heat and humidity, we've seen a lot of amazing things and been able to do some fun things. Riding a bicycle on the city wall in Xi'an is one of the highlights of my trip so far - that and hiking around on the Great Wall (sooooo amazing - what a privilege). Have so many stories to tell when I get home :)

Love you all so very much. I can't open the picture attachments :( but I"m sure Chuck E Cheese was really fun! C has been wanting to go there for so long. Glad you have kept busy and the kids have been behaving well. I'm just so thankful for the grandparents and have been praying for everyone.

Tell C & S how much I love them and miss them. Tell them I get to have noodles for dinner and fly on an airplane today. Only one week and there will be big hugs from mama.

Hopefully I'll have internet in Hong Kong. If so, I'll be sure to write. Keep sending me updates, just in case, please!! I love reading them.

No comments: